Monday, September 21, 2020

Wild Mind Brian's Baby West Coast-ish IPA

 Wild Mind Brian's Baby West Coast-ish IPA.

7.5 % ABV.

Wild Mind Ales, Minneapolis, MN. 


A West Coast IPA, damn, I miss them. Make a good one and I'm happy. Do a bad one, and I'm sad. Let's see which one this is. 

Fairly clear, bright golden hue, long-lasting ivory cap atop. 

In the nose: Bursting with citrus & pine, powerful hop presence. 

In the mouth: Big hop smack attack at the front, bitter & juicy. Yum a dum dum is established at the fore. Loving the hops in this. Smackadelica. Deep, dank, citrusy goodness, with a side order of pine. All the best hops are here. There's a party in my mouth, and everyone's invited. You, too!

All the citrus and pine is popping here, all the West Coast IPA goodness is in full effect. The dankittidankness is slipping all over the palate and in all the nooks and crannies you care to follow. Yum, I say, a dum dum. Scrumptdillie-icious. Medium bodied, easily drunkened. Mighty fine. Good work, Brian.

I don't know if you know this about me, or not, but I like a good IPA, and this is one. And by the way, you can drink it. 

Brian’s Baby was brewed to celebrate our Lead Brewer’s first child, Oliver! This throwback West Coast IPA uses Simcoe, Amarillo, and Citra hops on top of a primarily pilsner malt grist. More late-kettle and whirlpool hop additions add a citrus flare to the piney, bitter style, resulting in a finished beer that’s fruity, dry, and clear. Cheers to the new parents Deanna and Brian!

No comments: