Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Wild Mind Ultra Wires West Coast IPA

 Wild Mind Ultra Wires West Coast IPA.


7.8 % ABV. Wild Mind Ales, Minneapolis, MN. 

All clouded up. Because everything has to be that way now, no matter what. Bright golden hue, large, attractive ivory head. 

In the nose: Powerful citrus and pine, with a dose of cat pee on the side. Actually, it's running down your leg. Don't mind that, just a joke. White wine splashes, as well. (Seriously, this time.) (Although, I was serious about the feline emissions.)

In the mouth: Pow! Great big bite of bitterness, fierce hop attack, bursting with orange and grapefruit, lemon and pine. Delicious! Love it! Medium bodied, easy drunk. Bursts with flavor, then turns dry in the end. Wonderfully bitter hop flavors from the usual gang of suspects. Long, lingering, hoppy, bitter finish. Lovely. 

I broke my vow against the $20 4-pack for this. I'd been whining about why Wild Mind hasn't put anything out in the market, and how if they would, then I would support it, when lo, and behold, there these (and others) were on the shelf, and I saw the price tag, and say to myself, Shit, well, am I going to be a liar, or a sucker, but surely not both. 

Due to the price, I won't grab this one each time I want a good ol' drinking IPA, because I am not made of money. I am not even gainfully employed at this moment. But you should. You sure should. 

West Coast IPA hopped with Cascade, Amarillo and Centennial.

No comments: