Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Junkyard Black is Beautiful Imperial Stout

 Junkyard Black is Beautiful Imperial Stout. 

12 % ABV.


Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 

Just cracked it open at poured it out and I'm feeling like this may be pushing it. Peanut Butter is screaming out, but there's a lot here...I'll read the label later. 

Complete and utter blackness, rich, roasted brown head, terminal ebony. 

In the nose: Nothing but malt, dark chocolate, deep peanut butter, thoroughly rich, absolutely sweet. Getting the graham cracker, detecting some marshmallow...

In the mouth: Dark, deep, delicious, in all it's "s'mores-y" goodness, (yes, I peeked ahead)...chocolate and peanut butter at play on the palate, with, yes, marshamallows and graham crackers, because, that's the new thing, the s'moresier the better. Maybe. Your mileage, etc. I'm of the "maybe it's too much?" camp. It is very thick and super-rich, and ...who adds peanut butter to their s'mores? It might just be overkill. 

And 12%, to boot? Boom, boom, boom, boom. Wow. 

At $15 a crowler, I can't pay that much and not use it for a blogpost, but I also feel that this should be shared with friends. It really shouldn't be enjoyed all by my lonesome, but that's the only way I do these. 

There is great richness, deep maltiness, and a crazy array of flavors. 

Imperial Stout with Cocoa nibs, graham crackers, marshmallows, vanilla beans, peanut butter, and natural and artificial flavors. 

No comments: