Saturday, September 5, 2020

Tin Whiskers Meme Lord Double Dry-hopped IPA

Tin Whiskers Meme Lord Double Dry-hopped IPA.

7% ABV, 36 IBU. Tin Whiskers Brewing, St. Paul, MN. 


Why out of all the crowlers available at Tin Whiskers last week, on my first visit in four years, did I pick a beer called Meme Lord? I have no real love for memes, nor their lords. At least it wasn't Tropical Fluff Meme Lord. I don't care for my IPAs when they're stuffed with vanilla, marshmallows, and tropical fruits. No vanilla and marshmallows in my IPAs, please. It's not much to ask. 

Anyway, on with the beer: 

It's hazy, alright, bright orange hued, large, lasting ivory head. 

In the nose: Citrus and smooth, slightly sweet. Orange, mango, guava.

In the mouth: Juicy, fruity, a bite of the bitter. Citrus and juice, with a slice of pine to the side. Medium-bodied, light upon the palate, nice and easily drinkable. Very delightful, this. I'd even call it a yum-a-dum-dum. 

A double dry-hopped IPA brewed with Simcoe, Citra, Medusa, and Ella hops for notes of ripe pineapple, orange juice, tangerine, and mango.

No comments: