Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Cosmos Brewing Planet XPA

Cosmos Brewing, Hugo, MN. At last, I have a sample of Cosmos. I had some brought in at work, but it was one of those things were they cracked open a growler, and you had to drink it with them. I've seen their cans and bottles on sale, but haven't taken the plunge to spend my own money on their beers just yet, not being a fan of what I'd had before. At last, a new sample man came around with cans, and now I drink the XPA, they call it, the Planet XPA. Let's drink....

In the eye: Clear-ish, copper-y coloring, slim white head. Looking alright for the style.

In the nose: ah, yes. There's plenty of citric hop notes here. Grapefruit, lemon, pine, and plenty of malt. Lovely.

In the mouth: Mmm. Juicy, hoppy, just enough malts, and very tasty. Light bodied, lean, clean, delicious. Nice and hoppy. You know what? This one is good. I like it. And I like to like a pale ale. I like to drink a good one, and I love to recommend them. Guess what I'm doing with this one? Drinking it and recommending it. Go drink it, people, it's a fine one.

Let's read some copy from the label: "Where did we come from?" You've discovered the real Planet-X! Don't be mistaken, this Aleien planet is not Nibeeru. XPA is the first step on your journey through the Cosmos. Explore these suds with your buds. {Editorial: GACK!} Then: SAVE SPACE FOR BEER! And then: "A heavily Citra hopped pale ale with balanced malt character and a floral citrus aroma. Oats provide a frothy head and a full mouth feel." Brewed by Cosmos Brewing, Hugo, MN, 55038. www.cosmosbrewing.com.

Pale Ale, 6.6% by Vol. 50 IBU.

As I said before, this one is good. Hope the rest are. Let's find out, a little bit later.

No comments: