Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Modist False Pattern American Pale Ale

Modist False Pattern American Pale Ale. 5.5% ABV. Modist Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Highly clouded, very light yellow coloration, slim white head atop.

In the nose: Big lemon, huge citrus, traces of tropical. Trickles of pine. All kinds of nice.

In the mouth: Boom, there it is again, plenty of citric hop character, lots of bright hop character. Mouthfeel is smooth, clean, lovely. Oat malt flavor is coming through in this pale ale, and I really like it. Here is a good beer that you, I can surely state, can drink. Tasty stuff, thirst quenching, sessionable, utterly likable. Friendly and fun.

There's a lot of writing on this can that I can't read. Wait, let me get my glasses...Here's something I found: "A soft, hazy pale ale brewed with a grip of oats and juicy hops." A grip? What's a grip? More than a grab? Or less? No matter, it's a tasty beer that you can drink down with ease.

This is the replacement for Toats, due to someone thinking the name was too close to theirs, although it wasn't. Well, it seems like they found the right name, and I hope it sticks. This good beer that you can drink is one that I will return to again and again, and so should you.

No comments: