Monday, December 6, 2021

Insight Avant Dry-hopped Pilsner

 Insight Avant Dry-hopped Pilsner. Dry hopped with Czech, German, and New Zealand hops. 


5 % ABV. 35 IBU. Insight Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

Full disclosure time. This is can #3 from a 4-pack of the new Insight beers which I received at the opening of Mark Rivard's gallery show at the Chambers Hotel on Hennepin Avenue, downtown Minneapolis(Across from McKenzie's pub.), back in September.  They actually gave me two 4-packs, and I instantly gave one to a friend who has always been generous to me with his beers. The first can, Drift West Coast IPA, had already appeared here, courtesy of an early sample, so I drank that one without notes, of course. The second one, Vibe New England IPA, was consumed and the notes are in Limbo now, because I am a bad procrastinator. Soon. I promise, very soon. I have one left after this, and it's all long overdue. Let's just drink a pilsner already, okay? 

Maybe you guessed already, but the thought comes up quite often: I don't feel like a pilsner. Sorry, it's just me. 

Original art on display at the Gallery.
Clear, bright golden, slim white head. 

In the nose: Classic pilsner aroma, lightly hopped, floral, malty, crisp and clean. 

In the mouth: more of the same. More crisp and clean, light, but flavorful. Just a bit of citrus. Slightly spicy. Low bitterness, of course, smooth and lovely. Just a good drinking, tasty pils. Delightful. I have to remember to recommend this to the pilsner seekers. It's got the goods. 

We’ve put a creative spin on craft pilsners by dry-hopping this one with New Zealand Wakatu hops. Aromas of lime and citrus transition to traditional pilsner notes from German and Czech noble hops, creating a sessionable, crisp lager packed with flavor. 

No comments: