Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Bauhaus BrewLabs Winterloper Baltic Porter


Bauhaus BrewLabs Winterloper Baltic Porter.

8 % ABV, 30 IBU, Bauhaus BrewLabs, Minneapolis, MN. 

So, this beer came out, and I wondered if I had had it before, and therefore looked it up here in this blog. It's not here. So, I checked it out on Untappd and found that I'd checked in on it six times. A can in 2017, a bomber eight months earlier, on tap at Acadia Cafe in the months prior, more bombers. So, why did I never review it here? Because it used to be called Jingle Fever before they deemed that problematic, for some reason, and changed the name. So, I never reviewed Winterloper, until now. Because if someone looks for my review here, they will never find it. Unless they search through Bauhaus and make that connection, which probably won't happen. So, here we go!

Thoroughly black, opaque, under a rich, tan head. 

In the nose: Creamy, cocoa, hints of coffee, dark fruit. 

In the mouth: dark, smooth, malty. Slightly bittersweet. Medium bodied, super smooth, and hearty. Rich and creamy. Warm and alcoholic. Brings it all home. 

I like a good baltic porter and this is surely one. 

No comments: