Monday, December 27, 2021

Clown Shoes Advent Party Crasher American Imperial Stout

Clown Shoes Advent Party Crasher American Imperial Stout.

8 % ABV, Clown Shoes Beer, Boston, MN. 


So, I bought a box of beers called the Clown Shoes 12 Beers of Christmas. Even though we got it at the store more than a month ago (at least), I didn't bring it home until last week. Only a few days before Christmas. There were four beers I've reviewed before, and eight new to me, including some with holiday themes. I'm only getting to the first new one today, the day after the holiday. Don't be surprised if a few more reindeer and/or elf themed beers pop up in the next few weeks. 

Fullon ebony, utterly opaque, rich brown head atop. 

In the nose: Light roast. Cocoa and char. Bittersweet. Mightily malty. 

In the mouth: Smooth and malty, but with depth and complexity. Chocolate is at the forefront. Some coffee on the side. Long malty finish, deep body, full and rich. I'd have to peg this as a middle of the road Imperial Stout. Right square in the middle, while still enjoyable. 

Brewed with holy water and orange peel.

There's more to the story than that, but this is all that I got off the Untappd entry. I'm not going to fish the can out of the recycling, uncrush it, and try to type out that lengthy ramble that doesn't explain anything.

No comments: