Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Junkyard Laser Focus Altbier

 

Junkyard Laser Focus Altbier. 

5.3 % ABV. Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 

And here we have the first appearance in the Nib of a 16 ounce can from Junkyard. No more crowlers. We still have some at the store, and there are a few I want to check out, so you'll still see one or two before too long. But, hail, hail, the coming of the cans. No longer forced to consume 25 ounces in one sitting, yay! It'll be cheaper by the ounce, as well. Nothing but good can come of this change. 

And I chose this altbier because, as I've said, I would prefer to enjoy Junkyard's efforts at classic styles, rather than the fruited sours and New England IPAs. They usually do a pretty good job at them, and I'd like to spotlight that, whenever I can. (I didn't pick up a pilsner called Grandpa Bill's Pils because, as I've also said, pilsners and lagers are not going to be my favorite styles. Just not happening. 

Clear, light brown, slim, off-white head above. 

In the nose: Malt forward. Nutty. Slightly sweet. Mild hops. 

In the mouth: Clean and smooth. Caramel flavors combine with nuts. Medium bodied. Excellent balance. Minor hops, mostly malty. Just on the edge of sweetness, but all is reined in with this one. Classic and cool. Tasty beer here. 

I like a good altbier and this is one. 

 Laser Focus is a deep-copper Altbier with complex, yet extremely well-balanced flavors. The malty richness, followed by hints of crisp, fruity esters will definitely leave you wanting more. 

No comments: