Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Montgomery Hops On Parade NE IPA


Montgomery Hops On Parade NE IPA.

8.5 % ABV, 14 IBU. Montgomery Brewing, Montgomery, MN. 

I didn't ask for this and I didn't pay for it. Because of this, I will refrain from my normal complaints about the hazies, and try to enjoy. 

Utterly impenetrable haze, golden hue, large and lasting ivory head. 

In the nose: Big citrus, lemon and grapefruit, with a touch of stone fruit, a kiss of peach, and a little tropical note (pineapple) popping in. 

In the mouth: Juicy at the start, flush with citrus hop goodness. More fruity associations flood the palate. Some bitterness, but played lightly. The softness surrounds it. Malt is kept to the background. Hop flavors abound. A delightfully hoppy number. One of the better NEs I've had in some time. 

That's what happens when I hold back my vitriol regarding the ubiquity of the hazy/NE style. Stay positive. Stay cool. But don't get me started about marshmallow pastry stouts. Gotta hold the line somewhere. 

No comments: