Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Indeed Pistachio Cream Ale

Indeed Pistachio Cream Ale.
5.5 % ABV. 15 IBU.
Indeed Brewing Company, Minneapolis, MN.

This is not my kind of beer. I don't really drink cream ales. And, pistachio? Well, I do enjoy them, and I've really gotten into that new Ben & Jerry's flavor. But does that flavor belong in a beer? Huh, does it? Well, I bought it, so let's find out...

Clear, bright golden color, slimmest ivory head.

In the nose: Nutty and sweet, from the start. It's definitely as advertised. There it is, in a beer.

In the mouth: You know, it's tasty! Nutty and sweet, but well-balanced. Light bodied, easy drinking, refreshing...and pistachio! Creamy, smooth and very flavorful. I like it!
(If in small doses.)

This is a beer that I scoffed at when I first heard of it, but it works. It's not the sort of thing I drink, so I'll be socking the rest of the cans away for tasting parties, and such.

No comments: