Sunday, July 5, 2020

Surly Warp Zone Pilsner

Surly Warp Zone Pilsner. 5 % ABV.
Surly Brewing, Minneapolis/Broooklyn Center, MN.

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: Crisp, floral, light hops, slight spice. Right on the money.

In the mouth: Clean, light, with a zippy, hoppy buzz on the palate. Slight citrusy flavor, but ultimately dry. An excellent example of utter censurability, with just enough pop to keep it interesting. Quite likable.

I went looking for further info and got a lot of stuff about video games.
At the bottom was this:
5.0% ABV
Spalt Select hops
Low bitterness
Easy-drinking with a light gold body and a pop of floral hop aroma
This can run is limited!

If you want to slog through the other stuff, see the link above.

Now, it occurs to me that this is all from the original 16-oz. can release from last year, which I skipped because pilsners are low on my rankings. Maybe they should be higher, because all the DDH Hazy DIPAs that I don't actually like are too expensive. Anyway, I got these 12 ouncers in the current sampler pack.

No comments: