Monday, April 4, 2022

Clutch Straight 8 Mosaic IPA

 Clutch Straight 8 Mosaic IPA.

7% ABV, Clutc Brewing, St. Paul, MN.


This here is my third time with this beer. Time the first was in September of 2019, my first (and only, so far) visit to the brewery in the company of Ed. I might have brought home crowler, but we were biking all over St. Paul. Also I’m thinking maybe they didn’t have crowlers. Number two was sampling with colleagues at the store. And then I got my very own can, and now I will drink it.

Clear, bright golden hue, lush ivory head. Looking good.

In the nose: hoppy, fruity, citrus and berries. Light floral touch. Beautiful.

In the mouth: starts out bitter and dry, with just a little bit of juicy. Juicy increases and does a tidy fandango with the bitter. Just enough malt to hold it all together. Citrus, a pinch of pine, and a blast of blueberries dominates the flavor. Bright, bitter, and very satisfying.

This an IPA after my own heart, and we will surely meet again. 

Definitely for the IPA lover at heart. Loads of citrus, pineapple, mango, and stone fruit with a clean bitterness and  enough body to balance.

No comments: