Saturday, April 2, 2022

Half Acre Bodem India Pale Ale

 Half Acre Bodem India Pale Ale.

6.7% ABV, Half Acre Brewing, Chicago, IL.

At long last, Half Acre is in Minnesota. At the retail store where I currently work, four of their beers appeared last week. One of them was a $20 4-pack of a DDH double version of Daisy Cutter, which I allowed other people to buy. And Daisy Cutter, which has appeared here before, after my Chicago visit of nine years ago. Third, a hazy which I will only review once I get it for free, which I haven’t, and fourth, an IPA which I did get for free, and which will appear here soon.
 
Last week, a rep from the brewery appeared at the store and we sipped those last three with him. He went out to his car to fetch three beers which would not enter our market. How I wish they could have all wound up with me. Yeah, I’m a greedy bastard, ain’t I? I got one of them and now I will drink it. 

Clear, bright golden hue, large white head.

In the nose: citrus and pine, and everything nice.Grapefruit, orange, lime. All the goodness is here.

In the mouth: a flood of hoppy deliciousness. Bitter, but none too sharp. Sharp, but smooth. Mellow, with slightly sweet malt flavors in the underflow. I’d love to know what sets this apart from other IPAs (I want to say the malts), but until I can uncover that information, I’m just enjoying it. 

I’ll be happy to see many more Half Acre beers showing up locally. I want to put my squid-owl glass to good use.

A reflection of how we're feeling about go-to IPA in today's spectrum of plants and brewing  Ripe tropical fruit flesh with soft melon and berry.

No comments: