Friday, July 7, 2017

Destihl Amra Mango IPA

I went on a bit of a mango spree recently. Stay tuned, there's a bunch of them coming. If there's a mango IPA out there, I'm-a gonna drink it. To paraphrase a Louis Jordan song you've never heard but probably should, "I don't like mango IPAs, but I drink 'em every day, when they make mango IPAs, they just come my way." So, here's one from Destihl of Bloomington, Illinois. I've had this before on tap Acadia, but this is my first time with the can.

Destihl Amra (the sanskrit word of "mango) Mango IPA. 6.5% ABV.

Lightly hazed, brilliant golden hue, sizable layer of ivory foam.

In the nose: Sweet and fruity. Not too bold. Just nice. Getting pulpier and mango-ier as we go.

In the mouth: Here comes the bitterness, just the right amount. With splash of fruit on the side. Each dose of mango comes with a blast of bitter. Medium body, a good ol' drinking IPA. I'll be back for more.

No comments: