Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Oliphant Lizardize Mariguanas

Oliphant Lizardize Mariguanas. India Pale Ale. w/ amarillo, citra, warrior, wakatu hops.
6% alc. by vol.
Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

This IPA, along with Dg2c2mf, the rye saison, reviewed here when I had it on tap, is among the first Oliphant beers released in 16 oz. cans. Both of these brews were also the first Oliphant beers brewed at the Barley John's Brewing Company facility in New Richmond, Wisconsin.

Lightly hazed, amber-hued, large whitish head.

In the nose: soft, slightly spicy, citric. Very nice.

In the mouth: big hop bitterness greets the palate first, bold, spicy, citrus-y. Just right for a Hophead like Me. Long, hoppy, bitter finish. Medium body. Lots of flavor. I dub thee delicious.

Honestly, I dig it for real. I also have this one on tap at Acadia, and I wasn't going to take notes from a pint on tap there, I just had to get my hands on the cans. It's terrific both ways. And one day I will talk to artist Jeremy Hughes and find out the story of those lizardized mariguanas. And what is a mariguana. And why they needed to be lizardized. But, I won't worry about it too much before then.

No comments: