Friday, July 7, 2017

Harpoon Camp Wannamango

Harpoon Camp Wannamango Crisp Tropical Refreshing Pale Ale with Mango. Harpoon Brewery, Boston, MA & Windsor, VT. Beer with natural flavors, please do not litter. Crisp, tropical, refreshing, so says the label. Also, 5% ABV, 22 IBU, and let's not forget: "Mango-infused pale ale with a tropical aroma, malty sweetness, and subtly hopped. Sunblock, bonfires, music, some friends, this beer...Bring On Summer."

Clear, bright golden/amber hue, , slim white head.

In the nose: sweet fruit from the start, a little touch of tart, some citrus. Lime, grapefruit, mango.

In the mouth: There it is: crisp, tropical, refreshing, no doubt about it. Modicum of malt, lean body, easy drinking, tasty mango flavor, restrained bitterness. I'd have another, sure. Ain't nothing wrong with it. Tasty stuff. I like it.

I lied earlier when I said I was on a mango IPA binge. Mango pale ales, too. And I think there's a mango saison, too. They're coming! It's Mango-mania, people!

No comments: