Thursday, November 29, 2018

Finnegans Irish Amber

Finnegans Irish Amber. 4.7 % ABV, 20 IBU. Finnegans Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.

Maybe this is your first time reading The Bitter Nib. Maybe you've been in it for the long haul. In either case, it's a well known fact that I drink all the beers. Also, I like to keep on top of the locals. So, why did it take so long for me to take notes on this beer, that's been around for so many years? One never knows, does one? Maybe because amber ales just aren't my style. And why is that? Good question....

Enough palaver, time to check this one off the old list. Here we go...

Clear, amber-toned. Respectable ivory head.

In the nose: Malty sweet. Slightly grainy.

In the mouth: Malty, tasty, smooth. Medium body. Definitely down able. Light on the hops. Good Irish Amber and you can drink it. Quite tasty.

I don't drink a lot of amber ales. I'll try them, but I won't choose them. Why? Just don't give me the hops I demand. But, I see their appeal, and doggone it, this is a good one.




The flagship brew that kicked off our whole beer-as-a-charity movement, FINNEGANS Irish Ale is a full-flavored, medium-bodied ale with a caramelly, malty finish. While most beers provide temporary bliss, FINNEGANS Irish Ale fills your soul with deep-rooted goodness. It’s charitably delicious, making it good in every sense of the word.
4.75 % ALC/VOL • 20 IBU
4 HEAVENLY INGREDIENTS:
WATER, YEAST, HOPS, MALTED BARLEY
PAIRS WELL WITH:
CORNED BEEF
POTATOES IN ALL FORMS
TACOS
CORNED BEEF
IRISH GUILT

No comments: