Sunday, November 4, 2018

Waldmann Weissbier

I try to keep up with the local breweries, but I'm a little behind. This one has been around for over a year now, and I still haven't made the trip to Waldmann, the German-style brewery and "wurstery" located in an old saloon  and former brewery on West 7th Street in St. Paul. Luckily, I have friends who help me out from time to time. Cheers to Ed for hanging on to this hefe weizen, and letting me get my first taste of Waldmann. I'll get on the bus again, someday soon, and check out the space for myself.

Waldmann Weissbier. 5.5% ABV. Waldmann Brewery, St' Paul, MN.


Lightly hazy, Amber-hued, large, lasting, cream-toned head.

In the nose: banana &.clove pop on board. Fruit ‘n’ spice, mighty nice. Bavarian yeast aplenty.

In the mouth: Light bodied, crisp, clean, tasty. Flavors found in the nose appear, however lightly, on the palate. Strictly smooth and consumable. Good beer and you can drink it.

A deep gold Bavarian style Weißbier. Floor malted wheat malt and central European pilsner malt fermented with a traditional Weißbier yeast strain.

The above is a truncated version of the verbiage from the label that I found on Untappd. There's even more gobbledygook on there, but I'm going to let you discover it for yourself, share it with you another day, another beer.

No comments: