Thursday, November 22, 2018

Town Hall Azacca Strong Pale Ale

Town Hall Azacca Strong Pale Ale. 6.4 % ABV.

Clear, bright golden color, slim white head.

In the nose: Fresh and zesty hop profile, citrus-y, lemon. pineapple.

In the mouth: Blast of bitterness starts it off on the palate. Brisk, crisp, clean. Bright and dry. Mmm. Just the way I like it. Medium bodied, easy drinking. Beautifully bitter, delightfully drinkable.

I like this one. It's right up my alley.

Strong pale featuring the tropical fruit forward hop Azacca.

I've got to say that this is the first time I've really seen the phrase "strong pale ale", and am curious how it came about. Does it mean a pale ale over 5 % ABV?  (Is 6.4 % really all that strong?) Is anyone else using it? Is it a "thing" now? What's the difference between a Strong Pale (that's not really that strong?) and an IPA? These are many questions that I'd like to find the answers for.

No comments: