Thursday, November 22, 2018

Inbound Brewco Minnemosa Brut IPA

Inbound Brewco Minnemosa Brut IPA. 5.2 % ABV. IBU: zero. Inbound BrewCo., Minneapolis, MN.

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: lightly fruity, increasing over time, with notes of citrus, lemon, pineapple.

In the mouth: Just the briefest bit of bitterness on the palate up front, then all is juicy. Light-bodied, smooth as silk. Ends nice and dry. Fruity tones flourish on the tongue. A very pleasing pale ale, and it'll do nice with supper, but definitely not what I look for in an IPA. I'm searching the fridge for something that can appeal to my palate a little better. How many "real IPAs" do I have around to correct this situation?

There apparently are people out there trying to achieve a lack of bitterness in an IPA, and I wonder why they are doing so. Why, I want to ask them, are you still calling it an IPA?

A Brüt IPA brewed to be juicy with a dry finish. Notes of pineapple, mango, and tangerine. Late hop additions contribute to the insanely non-existent IBU.

No comments: