Thursday, August 20, 2020

Omni Oktoberfest Märzen

Omni Oktoberfest Märzen.
5.6 % ABV, 23 IBU.
Omni Brewing, Maple Grove, MN.

My first Oktoberfest of the year, and this is not because I'm feeling the need for seasonal creep. Nope, it's all due to my efforts to avoid the expensive beers. What's this, a 4-pack of pint cans for only $9.99? You're coming home with me, little buddy! It's also my attempt to branch out and include different styles into my daily drinking. I don't only like IPAs, but I wouldn't blame you if you got the notion.

Mostly clear, auburn-hued, slim off-white head.

In the nose: slightly sweet and malty, herbal, caramel-y and clean. Classic märzen aromatics.

In the mouth: Ah! All the flavors of the season arrive on the palate. Warm, rich malty goodness, a teaspoon of sweet, with a minimum of bitter. Nice balance all around. German malts, noble hops, caramel-y flavors, medium-bodied, easy-drinking. Lower alcohol than some others that we see around. Classic and to the style in every way.

Delicious. I would return to this one again and again.


OMNI's Oktoberfest is a classic Marzen/Oktoberfest style lager. We added biscuit malts to enhance the pleasant breadiness. Prost!

No comments: