Sunday, August 16, 2020

Sisyphus Scott's Oatmeal Raison Cookie Porter

Sisyphus Scott's Oatmeal Raison Cookie Porter.
7.5 % ABV. 20 IBU.
Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

Complete darkness, absolute opacity, slimmest of heads.

In the nose: Malt first, then cinnamon creeps in. Next, the raisins.  Nice.

In the mouth: Spice and fruit blast the palate together, cinnamon and raisins charge the senses. Warm, rich malt backs it up. Quite tasty. Sweet, spicy, fruity, strong. All things that I like. Chewy, full bodied, rich and delicious. I'm liking this more and more as I drink it.

I don't like that it's being called a "pastry porter", though. Even if that fits. Cookies aren't really "pastry", technically, are they? First time I've seen these guys use "pastry" anything. I thought they were off the hook. Milkshakes, peanut butter, pastries...where does it end, the infantilization of beer...? Where does it stop?

They're (not Sisyphus...yet...jk) doing popsicle beers, and creamsicle beers, ...where's the Kool-Aid beer? Don't tell me, I don't want to know.

Scott's a regular and he had a beer idea - an oatmeal raisin cookie porter. So we made it for him! Brewed with 30 pounds of Raisins, 100 pounds of Oats, and a dose of cinnamon. Just like grandma used to make - the homebrewing grandma's anyways. 

No comments: