Sunday, July 24, 2022

Alesmith / Revision Split Aces IPA West Coast-style India Pale Ale

 Alesmith / Revision Split Aces IPA West Coast-style India Pale Ale.

6.5% ABV, 65 IBU. Alesmith Brewing, San Diego, CA. 

A West Coast IPA with Alesmith attached? I’m down.


Crystal clear, bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: pine and citrus, lemon and grapefruit. Strong and vibrant. 

In the mouth: big blast of bitterness grabs the palate from the start, then softly fades back. Medium bodied, long, hoppy finish. Refreshing and expertly consumable. A bit leaner than I like. I yearn for more intensity in the bitterness, cause that’s what I want in an IPA, but I’m happy enough. 

For this collab, you’ve been dealt two ace breweries split by the distance between San Diego and Reno. We partnered with our friends at Revision Brewing to make a West Coast-style IPA. This beer features notes of tropical fruit, pine, and berries from Idaho 7, Chinook, and Mosaic hops. 

No comments: