Sunday, July 31, 2022

BlackStack FarmersOnly.Com Funky Foeder Aged Farmhouse Adjacent Ale

 

BlackStack FarmersOnly.Com Funky Foeder Aged Farmhouse Adjacent Ale.

5% ABV, BlackStack Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

And here we have a BlackStack beer that I bought with my own money. Why? Because it wasn’t $17 a 4-pack and it isn’t a DDH TIPA. I pick on them enough for making the same beer over and over with a new name that I feel that I ought to show some love when they do something different, as long as it isn’t $17 a 4-pack.

I don’t have a rule against all the IP theft, but it’s getting annoying. 

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white layer of froth.

In the nose: big citrus and spice. A lemon bomb! Loads of funk. Laden with oak. Quite promising.

In the mouth: tart and lemony from the start. Light bodied and supple. Tart and funky throughout. Citrus forward flavor fades just a bit. 

It tastes like a saison, saison enough. But wasn’t that always my problem with Farm Girl, that it wasn’t saison enough. What the darned heck does farmhouse adjacent mean? More BlackStack cheek?

All in all, I enjoyed it. Don’t stop making beers like this, BlackStack. Don’t forget about Belgium. 

City Folks Just Don't Get It. We got together with our buds at Lift Bridge Brewing Company to brew a riff on their OG Minnesota Tapline Staple, FARM GIRL, & sent it out to pasture with our House Culture in one of our American Oak Foeders

No comments: