Thursday, July 7, 2022

BlackStack Strata & Chill Cold IPA w/ Strata


 BlackStack Strata & Chill Cold IPA w/ Strata.

7% ABV. BlackStack Brewing, St. Paul, MN.

A “Cold IPA”? From BlackStack? Yippee!

Clear, pale yellow, slim white head.

In the nose: lightly hopped, citrus forward, lemon and grapefruit.

In the mouth: starts slightly sweet and malty. Adjuncts, as required? Yup, rice, and I don’t dig it. Light, smooth, and just a little bit hoppy. Practically no bitterness. And it once again proves how I will never like a Cold IPA. So many of the decisions that go into the crafting of this style go against what I think makes a good IPA. 

Oh, I’ll drink the darned thing, but I won’t go out of my way to drink another. 

Hand selected Strata, Pilsner Malt, Rice + Chico Yeast fermented cold? This algorithm is getting out of control....get your comfy pants on, we made this one for you to enjoy responsibly on your next night of bingeing.

No comments: