Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Alaskan Freeride Pale Ale

Alaskan Freeride Pale Ale.


5% ABV, 40 IBU. Alaskan Brewing, Juneau, Alaska.

And here we have the 3rd and final bottle of this beer from the Alaskan sampler pack I recently brought. It yielded 2 beers I’d had and reviewed here previously (Husky IPA and Hopothermia Double IPA, both enjoyable and well worth repeating) and two I’d never had (this one and an IPA new to me). I’ll be doing more reviews from beers out of sample packs, as I put the spotlight on $1.50 beers rather than $4/5 ones. One important matter is to remember to write the review. I went through a Cigar City sampler and totally forgot to set aside a single can of the one beer I hadn’t had, a Double IPA. Buy another one, or forge on ahead? Oh the problems I have...

Clear, bright amber hue, slim white head.

In the nose: citrus and pine. Touch of stone fruit.

In the mouth: crisp, brisk, Andy hoppy. Moderate bitterness, smooth malt. Citrus and slight grassy notes plus a bit of pine command the palate. Medium bodied, an excellent refreshment.

Good pale ale and you can drink it.

Arguably the style that triggered the craft beer movement in the United States, the American Pale Ale showcases the floral, fruity, and citrusy aroma and flavors of Pacific Northwest hops in balance with a medium malt body.

Alaskan Freeride APA features a lush, green, almost tropical hop aroma paired with the unique taste combination of these three, distinctive hop varieties, making it both full in flavor and crisply thirst-quenching.

Alaskan Freeride APA is brewed with Cascade, Citra, and Centennial hops, premium two-row and specialty crystal malts, and Juneau’s glacier-fed water.


No comments: