Saturday, December 19, 2020

Oliphant Sunkiss'd Squishy Lemon Pie Sour Ale

Oliphant Sunkiss'd Squishy Lemon Pie Sour Ale.


5.5 % ABV. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI. 

There has been a great proliferation of sour style ales made by craft breweries across the country. I can take them or leave them. And I am drinking one of them now because it is from Oliphant, and I try to drink everything they make. Some folks around here are the same way about Drekker and The Brewing Projekt, and that's fine for them, they can keep at that all they want, no problem here (and I'll sample some of that stuff, once in a while). I'm sticking with Oliphant. Just like how I bought all the Spider-Man comics when I was thirteen. I hope I don't end up dropping them, though, like I did with Spider-Man comics when I turned eighteen. Hold off on the marshmallow beers, is my best advice to them. 

Clear, bright golden hue, slim white head. 

In the nose: huge lemon here, and, yeah, like lemon meringue pie. Intense citrusy sensations. Shiny and bold.

In the mouth: Bracingly tart, puckering and flush with lemony flavors. Oooo! It's like lemon sherbet. Are lactose, sea salt, and vanilla also at play here? Naturally. (Sigh). Brisk and refreshing. Light bodied, easily drunk. Quite tasty. 

This will be a one and done for me. Although it successfully replicates the flavors promised, it's not what I feel like drinking from time to time. If you're a sour freak, though, go for it. 


No comments: