Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Pipeworks Speed of Sound IPA

 Pipeworks Speed of Sound IPA.


Did I break my rule against the $16 4-pack? I can’t find my receipt, but I think this was $15.50. Maybe I was drawn in by the Charles Burnsesque blue skinned redhead art on the label. Or perhaps I was intrigued by the that it’s a Double Dry Hopped Oat India Pale with Mosaic and Cryo Mosaic Hops. That sounds good, so let’s drink it.

7.5% ABV, Pipeworks Brewing, Chicago, IL.

Clouded, bright golden hue, large ivory, lace-leaving head. 

In the nose: tropical notes hit first, passion fruit, pineapple, with citrus on the side. Absolute delight.

In the mouth: juicy from the start, with a sweetness that lends to bitter, ends as dry. Super smooth mouthfeel. Murky yeast effects on the palate. Moderate bitterness. Tropical notes notes top citrus, with a splash of berries. Pretty much delicious. Am digging it. 

Double dry hopped oat IPA with mosaic and cryo mosaic hops




No comments: