Monday, December 21, 2020

Stacked Deck Bob Ross Masterpiece IPA

Stacked Deck Bob Ross Masterpiece IPA. 


7.2 % ABV. Stacked Deck Brewing, St. Paul, MN. 

Brent Schoonover's been knocking them out of the park with his illustrations for the Stacked Deck cans, and this one of PBS painting instructor Bob Ross is a beaut. No wonder it sold out so fast. Once again, I am on can four of the 4-pack, having guzzled the first three with a quickness. Now, it's note-taking time. 

All hazed-up, because that's how all IPAs arrive these days, large white head, bright yellow coloration. 

In the nose: blend of citrus and tropical notes, with sweetness stealing the stage. Pineapple and papaya loom over orange and grapefruit. 

In the mouth: Bright, sweet, fruity, with minor bitterness. Bit o' pine. On the juicy side. Quite tasty. Medium bodied, easy drinking, effortlessly enjoyed. 

Once again, I do wish I had something hoppier on my hands. When they leave out the juicy and the hazy on the label, I'm fooled into thinking it's the kind of IPA I like, the bitter, brittle kind, like they used to make in the good ol' days. I have to reduce my ire, mellow out some, and think of happy little trees. I guess...

Idaho 7 and Simcoe hops. 

No comments: