Monday, March 22, 2021

Arbeiter Acid Factory Peach Sour Ale

Arbeiter Acid Factory Peach Sour Ale.


4 % ABV. 10 IBU. Arbeiter Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

I picked this one up at my second visit to the brewery, back in February. There were two from this series available, the other being plum. I kind of wished I'd bought that one instead, or in addition. Arbeiter's beers are now being carried at the retail store where I work, but that Acid Factory Plum is not one of them. This one is. Alas. There's still a few that  I haven't tried, so stay tuned for more. (And many more at the brewery, of course, which I hope to return too soon.)

Clouded, bright golden color, zip head. 

In the nose: fruit, tart, big ol' peach. 

In the mouth: Fresh and funky. Flush with fruit. Large with the peach, other stone fruits pop up in association. A little apricot? Lip-smackingly sour, zesty and peachy. Medium bodied, light fruity finish. Leaves the palate quickly, but very enjoyable, very tasty. 

The peach version of Acid Factory, our series of fruited kettle sour beers.

The base for this version of Acid Factory was inspired by a traditional Berliner Weisse which is a very low-ABV wheat ale with a tart/sour component from either lactobacillus or other bacteria.

Highly effervescent, lightly tart, and bursting with flavors of ripe peach. It’s Peach AF!!

Allergens: Wheat

I still hold that "AF" is dumb. Dumb as fudge.

No comments: