Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Junkyard Fancy Footwork India Pale Ale

Junkyard Fancy Footwork India Pale Ale. 


8.1 % ABV. Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 

Hazy as they get, bright (as they can get, amid all the murkiness) golden hue, long-lived, snow-white head. 

In the nose: Hoppy and fuzzy. Citrus, lemon, grapefruit, flashes of tropical fruit coming in from behind. 

In the mouth: Easy, breezy, boozy.  Medium bodied, full of fruity bits, mild bitterness, juicy and wet. The higher ABV comes creeping in. Just enough bitterness keep my palate happy, just enough juicy to please the rest of me. Smooth and easy drinking. I'm enjoying this delightful little number. 

Junkyard keeps making these great IPAs, and I keep drinking them. 

Guys, I'm going to let you in on a little secret though. I try to not review beers from the same brewery after one another, so I made a little rule for this blog a few years back. There must be six reviews of other breweries between two reviews from the same brewery. The last Junkyard review I did was 11 reviews ago. And I have another IPA in the fridge. And there's another IPA in the cooler at the store that I haven't picked up yet. And there will probably be more arriving this week. Do I purchase one of those stouts before they sell out, you know, the ones without marshmallow? Or keep buying the IPAs, and never drink anything but their IPAs, which I will always enjoy? 

Whatever happens, I'll keep drinking them. 

No comments: