Tuesday, March 2, 2021

More Two Trees Double India Pale Ale

More Two Trees Double India Pale Ale.

8 % ABV, More Brewing, Huntley, IL. 

And now we have my first beer from the More Brewing Company of Illinois. I liked that it was a 4-pack of 16-ouncers for under $12. If I like this one, maybe I'll try some more...More. No pun intended, actually, I just sort of fell naturally into that. Sigh...okay, on with the beer. 

Clear (for a refreshing change of pace), bright golden, large and looming ivory head. 

In the nose: A sweetness kicks it off. There's citrus and pine, accompanied by pineapple and other tropical tones. Starting soft and quiet, rising in volume. 

In the mouth: Dank and delicious from the first sip. Big malt, big hops, fierce bitterness at the start. Hop bitterness lasts long on the palate. Ends on a dry note. Big citrus and pine, with that side order of sweet and fruity. There's something a little extra in it that I can't quite pin down, just yet. It'll come to me. Spruce tips, maybe. And I'm definitely tasting Simcoe in the hop bill, as well as some of the usual suspects, Centennial, Cascade, maybe. All the good ones. 

A delightful little hop bomb, with high ABV rising up assuredly. There's one in your corner, More, I will return for...additional servings of your fine ales. This one is right up my alley. 

The Double IPA version of our To The Trees, American IPA. Each sip drips with spruce resin backed with floral and lemongrass notes. It’s all wrapped in smooth, dry drinkability punctuated with a delectable medium bitterness.

All of these forest-fresh flavors come from a lush combo of Amarillo, Centennial, CTZ, and Simcoe hops.

No comments: