Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Dangerous Man Hot Ron Double Pale Ale

Dangerous Man Hot Ron Double Pale Ale.


6 % ABV, 15 IBU, Dangerous Man Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 

This is the 18th appearance of DMBC in a little over eight years, and it seems a small amount. I dusted off and carefully scrubbed this 20-ounce glass, neglected for so long, just for this post. It seems ('cause I checked) that I've used it three times before in the Nib. And after that, I forgot I had it, and every DMBC beer went into my DMBC snifter/tulip. I think I bought this as a gift for a friend that I never gave. I certainly have enough pint glasses. And tulips. But it's good to have when you need it. This is actually the first DMBC growler I've enjoyed at home in over 3 years, a slight I shall strive to correct. (Not counting the one I had a few days ago, of course.)

But, on to the beer: 

All hazy-like, golden hued, slim white head. 

In the nose: Fruity, slightly tart, zesty. Citrus upon citrus. 

In the mouth: Big ol' grapefruit bomb, juicy, slightly tart. Citrus, melon, apricot. Medium bodied, delightfully drinkable. When you say "double pale ale", I'm expecting more than 6% ABV. How many pale ales are 3%, anyway? 6% is totally normal pale ale levels. Oh, well, never mind. But I must have read it incorrectly and thought I was picking up a "double IPA". A 6% DIPA would have me kicking over some potted plants. 

It's a tasty ol' pale ale and you can surely drink it. 


FLAVOR NOTES* Freshly Peeled Grapefruit* Lemon Zest/Pith

* Ripe Melons* Undertone Of Stone Fruit* Tiny Bit O' Fruit Punch

MALTS* Pale Malt* Chit Malt* White Wheat* Flaked Wheat* Flaked Barley

HOPS* Mackinac* Calypso* Hull Melon* Exp. #09326

YEAST* Norwegian Kveik 

No comments: