Monday, March 22, 2021

Pipeworks Mini Unicorn India Pale Ale

Pipeworks Mini Unicorn India Pale Ale. With Simcoe, Citra, Mosaic and Amarillo hops.

5 % ABV. Pipeworks Brewing, Chicago, IL. 

Why did I buy this beer? 1. It's from Pipeworks, and I like the beers they make. 2. It's an IPA, and I like their IPAs. 3. Nothing on this label suggests that it's hazy, or milkshake, or has lactose. Or marshmallows. 4. It was only 9.99 for the four-pack. I like to reward such things with a purchase. Anytime I'm paying less than $3 per beer, it's a good thing. 

So, let's drink it, already. 

Clear, bright golden, slim white head. 

In the nose: Citrusy hop aromatics. Present and expressive, but rather mild, compared to it's predecessor (Ninja Vs. Unicorn DIPA).

In the mouth: Brief blast of bitterness hits the palate, and lingers on. Lightness in body, but not in flavor. Big citrus, high hoppiness.Extraordinary ease of drinkability, exquisitely tasty. 

I like this a lot. Good ol' IPA, no haze, no craze, no gimmicks, just goodness. 

I did not have a Trapper Keeper in the year 2000. I would have had mine in the 80's. It might had had Spider-Man on it. Not this overblown cuteness on the label. I think they're suggesting that one needs be a 12 year old girl to drink it. 

IPA with Citra, Simcoe, Amarillo, and Mosaic hops

If you had a trapper keeper in the year 2000, you may know the vibes! 

Mini Unicorn is a smaller, more mini, version of Ninja vs Unicorn! Instead of a Double IPA, this is a straight up 5% IPA absolutely bursting with hop aroma. This might just be a new favorite - and would you expect any less from mini unicorns?!

No comments: