Friday, March 5, 2021

Surly Periscope Pale Ale

Surly Periscope Pale Ale. 


5.5 % ABV, Surly Brewing, Minneapolis/Brooklyn Center. 

This is my last remaining can from the Mixed Messages sampler pack, and it was the only beer in that package that I'd never had before. I went through 3 Furious, 3 Grindcore, 3 Fall to Pieces, and 2 of these just to get to this moment, this can, this blog post. Will it be worth it? We shall see...

Clear, bright golden hue, large and lasting, lace-leaving white head. Looking good. 

In the nose: Bold, assertive, hop-centric aromatics. Citrus all the way. Lemon, orange, grapefruit. 

In the mouth: Fresh, zesty, bright and beautiful. Light-bodied, refreshing, delicious. I like a good pale ale, and this is one, for sure. To use a phrase I normally despise, it's crushable. That what I will do to the can, when I'm done. And I'll figuratively "crush" the contents of this glass, as it exits the pint and fill my belly in no time flat. 

A classic pale ale, dry-hopped with Centennial hops, available exclusively in our Mixed Messages variety pack.

No comments: