Monday, September 3, 2018

Lakefront Mosaic Blonde Ale

Lakefront Mosaic Single Hop Blonde Ale. 5% ABV. Lakefront Brewery, Milwaukee, WI.

Clear, pale golden, lasting white head on top.

In the nose: honey. grains. something I can't put my finger on. Smells more than anything like fresh wort. Grape Nuts! Is that it? A puzzler.

In the mouth: Fruity/grainy, minor hops, mostly malty. I've not experienced Mosaic hops in this way, yet. Not as clean as you'd expect from a blonde ale, but this is a bit experimental, after all. Easy-drinking stuff, as you'd expect. I'm not getting all I'd usually get from Mosaic, but I'm enjoying it, nonetheless.

Mosaic® hops owe their name to the assortment of flavors they can add to a beer. Just like an artist arranging a hodgepodge of colorful tiles to create a mosaic, brewers unlock the patchwork of blueberry, orange blossom, and bubble gum aromas with well-timed Mosaic® additions to the boil kettle. Our brewers thought the soft, malty sweetness of an easy-drinking Blonde Ale best delivers the berry medley and citrus flavors. Unlock a bottle for yourself and see.

No comments: