Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Oliphant IFeelCream ale brewed with vanilla, lactose & fruit cocktail

Oliphant IFeelCream ale brewed with vanilla, lactose & fruit cocktail. 7% ABV, 20 IBU. Oliphant Brewing, Somerset, WI.

Highly hazed, murky, burgundy-hued, slim, soon-gone head.

In the nose: plums, cherry, blackberry? What else? I'm not sure, it's a mixed bag, and I'm not 100% that it's working on me....melon? Boysenberry?

In the mouth: Tart, fruity, ....a touch sweet, but not too much. Minor hops, moderate malt. Sweetness continues, mixed with cream. Oh, creamy, cream-cream. I find it yummy, but....mostly unfulfilling. A bit too much of a mishmash, and less of a cocktail. Ah, well.

This is a nice little fruity thing, and good for a summer fling, but I'd never want to go out of my way for one.

Peachy goodness

Peach? I never woulda guessed....


No comments: