Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Omnipollo Oaxaca Mango margarita slush IPA

Omnipollo Oaxaca Mango margarita slush IPA. 6.5% ABV. Brewed by 12 Percent, Stratford, CT.

I don't know if you've heard this by now, but I tend to steer away from the milkshake IPA. I just hate them. But, this was a sample, so I'm gonna drink it and give my honest opinion. Away we go.

Utterly hazed out, thick and impenetrable, deep golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: Citrus notes. Some tropical. Minor hops. Touch of sweet and creamy.

In the mouth: I get the IPA here. I'm not picking up on the vanilla and lactose, so much. These beers should be fresher than this, I think. Come to think of it, what is this, anyway? "Mango margarita slush IPA?" "India Pale Ale brewed with lactose sugar, mango, lime, grapefruit, and vanilla added."
Yeah, it's "margarita"-ish, I guess. Limey. Mango-y. Grapefruit-y. Yeah. And milky. And vanilla-y. And a crazy, mixed-up mess.

The one thing this has going for it is that it's more IPA than milkshake, but it's got nothing else going for it. It's alright, but ...not very necessary. I'm pretty sure that I don't like it. I'll finish it, but it won't make me happy.

Mango margarita slush IPA brewed with lactose, mango, lime, grapefruit & vanilla.

No comments: