Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Modist PMP (Pineapple, Mango, Passion Fruit) Foeder Sour #2

Modist PMP (Pineapple, Mango, Passion Fruit) Sour. AKA Foeder Sour #2. 4.8% ABV. Modist Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

This one's been sitting in the fridge a little too long. Not very long, but, yeah, I should have taken these notes right away, or at least a week after. But, I'd been overdoing it with the sours. I really only need one per session. I never want to have more than one at a time, at home, the bar, at a festival or tasting. I'm glad the sour game is going so strong, locally.
I am, really. Truly. It's great.
But....sigh...small doses for this guy.

And now I will drink another one. Here we go....

Clear, bright golden, slim head.

In the nose: yeah, that's sour, fruity, funky, oaky. Nice.

In the mouth: Yum, it's a sour brew, and it's got some fruit in it. Smooth malty body, easy drinker, for the sour-heads among us. Nice and sour and dry and pineapple, mango, and ....well, I wish I didn't have this disease, this mania, this compulsive urge to keep every new beer and write about it here. It would be great to share at a beer tasting party with like-minded pals. As it is, it's more than enough for me.

Confession time: My name is Al and I'm just not that into "sours" anymore.

The INFO: Sour ale brewed with 75% wheat malt and 25% Pilsner malt and fermented in one of our American oak foeders with pineapple, mango, and passion fruit.

No comments: