Sunday, September 30, 2018

Hop & Barrel Space Force Double IPA

Hop & Barrel Space Force Double IPA. 8.8% ABV, 62 IBU. Hop & Barrel Brewing, Hudson, WI.

Clear, bright golden/amber color, big ivory foam, leaving lace and looking fine.

In the nose: Hops come on strong in this one, resiny, piney, a whole bunch of bitter. Citric fruit and a touch of floral. Quite nice. Blistering raw, and, I'll say it: dank.

In the mouth: Bigger and bolder once on board the palate. Juicy, hoppy, bitter, then drying dry towards the end. Scant malt, prominent hops, just the way we like it. Tasty as heck. Bright, citrusy, delicious, with alcohol strength creeping through. Yow! This is my kind of Double IPA. And that's my favorite kind.

This is actually the 8th can I've consumed. Once more, I've waited to write notes on the last one. It's just how I do. And I liked them all more than the last. That means I like this one best of all. When in Wisconsin, go get yourself some.

DDH DIPA with Galaxy and some other hops and stuff.

And from the label: "Any brewery can make a Double Dry-hopped Double India Pale Ale, but not every  brewery can craft one so elite it's fit to hold the monkey: "Space Force." A myriad of classified hops make this beer taste like it comes from another galaxy. Malty sweet, pleasantly strong, and bitter enough to know you're drinking beer, not fruit juice. The only full-flavored DDH DIPA that can live up to it's namesake." 

A bold claim. I like their moxie.

No comments: