Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Maiden Rock Honeycrisp Hard Cider

I've got so many ciders to drink. They're taking up the fridge space, and I've got to get them out of there. Let's get this ball rolling right now.

Maiden Rock Winery & Cidery Honeycrisp Hard. Stockholm, WI.
Natural Semi-dry Hard Apple Cider. Artisanal. Gluten-Free.
6.8% ABV.

It's clear, pale yellow, no head or active carbonation.

In the nose: Bright and fruity, all apples.

In the mouth: Crisp, clean, snappy. Sweet. And all apples. Tasty stuff. Starts sweet, ends a little dry. And that's alright in my book. I wouldn't pass one up.

There's a lot of information in very tiny print on the label, but I don't feel like getting out my reading glasses, so this will have to do:




Like the apple that is its namesake, Honeycrisp Hard™ apple cider is distinctive, snappy and sassy. It tickles the palate with a crescendo of subtle flavors and a crisp, lingering finish.

Let the record state that I typed the word "snappy" above before I ever saw it among the words in Maiden Rock's description of this cider. Also let it state that I never said "sassy", never would, probably never will.

No comments: