Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Town Hall Centennial SMASH

Town Hall Centennial SMASH. 5.3% ABV. Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery, Minneapolis, MN.

Lightly hazy, bright orange/golden hue, sizable, lasting layer of lace-leaving froth atop.

In the nose: soft, floral, slightly citrucy, beautiful. Little bit of lemon.

In the mouth: Big hop bitterness blasts the palate, with a side order of astringency. Just fine for this hophead. Bountiful citrus notes from the centennial hops. Lean malt body. What's the malt? No idea. Zero information on this beer on their website. Oh, well. (Actually, zero information on any of the seasonal beer. Get with it, guys!)

It's a fine pale ale, and damned if I can't drink it. It's exactly what I want in a pale ale, plenty of hops, easiest of drinkin.'

Single malt and single hopped pale Ale.

( I had to get the above off of Untappd, and I could have guessed that information! See what I mean, get it together, Town Hall! )

No comments: