Sunday, August 1, 2021

Fair State Foamers Lime

 Fair State Foamers Lime.


4.6 % ABV Pale Lager Brewed with Flaked Corn and Lime Puree. 

Fair State Brewing Cooperative, Mpls/STP, MN

If you know me at all, you could probably guess the next statement I am about to make. This here beer is not one that I purchased due to any interest or compulsion, or any feeling that I just had to give it a try, or that it might please me in some way. No, it fell into my possession by gift or sampler or some other situation where I didn't have to pay for it. And if it's in the fridge, I have to write about it. There may be some instances where I bend that rule, but you'll never hear about it. 

I never tried the original Crankin' Foamers because I find the name to be idiotic and the concept repellant. 

Ooops, I did try it back in 2019. How soon I forget. And seems like I actually enjoyed it, somewhat, after all. I will now return you to the review already in progress:

No, no corn, please, and thank you. And here I am about to tackle the version with lime. Oh, goody. 

Hazy. Because, of course. You're not going to trick hipster's into drinking a cheap lager without leaving the haze. Dull gold, small head. 

In the nose: lime, lime, lime, and then lime. 

In the mouth: More lime. And nothing else. Do you like lime? This one's the limiest!Like I always say, Lime a lime lime!

I can't really say much about it. There's nothing here beyond the lime. But, it's not bad, actually, and you've got to mow you lawn some time, don't you, and don't you just love limes? This may be the beer for you. Me? Oh, hell, no. 

Foamers Lime is our idea of a perfect summer day, in can form. It’s our favorite drinking beer, Crankin’ Foamers, with some really choice lime puree thrown into the mix. Bright, zesty, juicy, maximally crisp and drinkable.


No comments: