Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Sisyphus Tilt Warning DDH NE IPA

 Sisyphus Tilt Warning DDH NE IPA.

6.8% ABV, Sisyphus Brewing, Minneapolis, MN.

I hear you. Hey, Al, aren’t you boycotting the haze? Isn’t this your least favorite style? Even Steve said so, as I was buying it. Well, this is Sisyphus’ version, so I’m trying it out. What, was I going to buy two crowlers of Bottlecap Mosaic?

So. Lightly hazy, bright golden hue, slim white head.

In the nose: nicely hopped. Citrus and stone fruit. 

In the mouth: hoppy, fruity flavors spilling on the palate. Apricot meets grapefruit. Minor bitterness. Good dose of malt. Smallest touch of sweetness. Very pleasant, and lacking what I look for in an IPA. Luckliy, Sam still makes the kind I like. 

Yeah, this has good hoppy flavors, but is bereft of all bitterness, so I will avoid it on tap. If that’s what you like, though, go ahead, knock yourself out. 

No comments: