Monday, August 23, 2021

Shakopee Brewhall Daymonzee Maibock

 Shakopee Brewhall Daymonzee Maibock.


7.1% ABV, 31 IBU, Shakopee Brewhall, Shakopee, MN. 

I perhaps held off on this one for so long perhaps because I wasn’t in the mood for a maibock, or maybe the caricature on the label turned me off. I’m sure this Damon is a great guy, but that face, and that golf outfit... I don’t know, man. Let’s drink a beer....

Clear, amber/copper hue. Slim white head.

In the nose: malty sweetness, minor hops, all in a Tuetonic vein. 

In the mouth: more malty sweetness. Rich, almost buttery. Again, light hops. Smooth stuff, and tasty, too. I like a good maibock, and this is surely one of them. Bright and delicious. I’m enjoying this. 


Damon has turned the "new 40" and we are celebrating with a beer that captures the enthusiasm of a bright spring day - with its strong malt and honey backbone and balanced with hops we wonder where the pondering conversations will go.


No comments: