Thursday, August 5, 2021

Pipeworks Beyond Beyond Hazy Pale Ale

Pipeworks Beyond Beyond Hazy Pale Ale. 

6.8% ABV, Pipeworks Brewing, Chicago, IL.


Yes, I broke my vow against buying more hazies with this one. Because it was only a $3 single can, so what could it hurt, and who knows, maybe I'd like it. I do like to pepper this blog with Pipeworks from time to time, and so what if it's hazy, let's drink it. 

Oh, so hazy. Ever so cloudy, And yellow. With a slim white cap. 

In the nose: Citrus and tropical notes, with a whole lot of fuzz on it. Very mellow. 

In the mouth: Soft and gauze-like, Cotton mouth. Some say pillowy, but I ain't putting no pillow down my throat. Juicy hops flavors float on the palate. We get the mango and passionfruit, with a little lemon and grapefruit. Tropical takes the crown. 

This pale ale succeeds in the way that good hazies do, but fails in my eyes. I just wasn't made for these times. I want crisp and fresh, not soft and fuzzy. That's my kind of pale ale. And this is another. Maybe I'm missing out on the next evolutionary step. No, it is the children who are wrong. 

Hazy Pale Ale with Idaho 7, Cryo Simcoe and Citra hops. 

What is beyond the beyond...the beyond...the beyond... the beyond? Beyond Beyond seeks to answer our most existential questions with hops. Eh, not really. But! the combo of Idaho 7, Citra and Cryo Simcoe hops are bringing tropical, citrusy and mango-forward aromas and flavors that are beyond...beyond pale ale expectations.

This beer is smooth, tropical, with ripe mango vibes.

No comments: