Monday, August 2, 2021

Insight Hop Spin Rotating Series West Coast Double IPA

Insight Hop Spin Rotating Series West Coast Double IPA. Galaxy, El Dorado, Citra, Simcoe hops. 

8.2 % ABV. Brewed and canned by Insight Brewing, Minneapolis, MN. 


There's one guaranteed, sure-fire way to lure me into a beer, and it is a West Coast Double IPA. That style, done right, will always get me. Let's see if this one has the goods. 

Clear, bright golden hue, large and lasting ivory head. 

In the nose: Absolutely popping with citrus and pine. Grapefruit, orange, and deep woods/new-mown grass. Down Dank Alley. 

In the mouth: Fresh, zesty, and brimming with happiness. Bright, dark, and beautiful. The goods are indeed got. Powerfully dank, delicious, and bitter. Although, to be honest, I could use even more bitterness. But, these days, I take what I can get. 

A heavy-duty version of the our brewery's favorite style of IPA. Galaxy-forward dry hops add an intense citrus and peach aroma which sits comfortably on a classic West Coast hop lineup of El Dorado, Simcoe, and Citra. A light and delicately layered grain bill finishes just dry enough to balance out the leaky 8.2 % ABV. Big, bold, hoppy, clear IPAs like this are why we think West Coast is the best coast. 

Excuse me folks, I ... I think I have something in my eye.....


No comments: