Monday, February 21, 2022

Junkyard Ugly Ted's Buffalo Brown Ale

Junkyard Ugly Ted's Buffalo Brown Ale.

8.4 % ABV, 30 IBU, Junkyard Brewing, Moorhead, MN. 


And here we have the last crowler from Junkyard. Or, maybe not. I might have one more around here somewhere.

And I have to wonder what a Buffalo Brown Ale is...and what it has to do with our 26th president who was born in New York City and died in Oyster Bay. 

Brown toned. Fully opaque. Slim head. 

In the nose: Malty. Nutty. Good dose of cocoa. 

In the mouth: Much heavier and richer than one would expect from a Brown ale. Full body. Long, malty finish. More cocoa, more nuts. Low bitterness. Nearly non-existent hop presence. Good balance. A bit boozy for a brown, but tasty, that is a fact. 

Something about this one didn't sit well with me, actually. A bit too big boned for a brown. I didn't actually finish the thing, a rarity for me. 

No comments: